Jacobson Transport Inc. is seeking a new and experienced full or part-time fleet mechanics in Wahpeton, N.D.
- Earn $18-30 per hour depending on your experience plus $7,000 to $15,000 in health & dental benefits a year
- Mechanical experience preferred
APPLY TODAY HERE!
For more information, call:
- Brandon Bulson at 701-642-4770
We are looking for candidates with good attention to detail for the position of fleet mechanic. The primary duties of a fleet mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on diesel trucks and fleet trailers to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results and repairing or replacing parts including but not limited to, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components, tires, DEF system, etc.
Fleet mechanics need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced equipment and interact with drivers/dispatchers on a daily basis.
- Earn $7700 – $15,000 annually in health and dental insurance benefits!
- Single Coverage Premium for Employee is only $130 monthly
- Family Coverage Premium for Employee is only $620 monthly
- 401K match up to 3% of gross income
- Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Running diagnostic tests on equipment.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engine components, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Maintaining detailed records of equipment.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
- Annual DOT inspections
- Degree or diploma in mechanical or automotive engineering preferred but not required.
- ASE Diesel Certification advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license, CDL preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components.
- Good IT and diagnostic skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 150 pounds.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Positive attitude
Since 1935, Jacobson Transport Inc. has hauled a variety of products, such as liquid yeast, molasses, liquid sugar, caustic acid, liquid fertilizer, liquid propane, anhydrous ammonia and grain, in tanker, pressure-vessel (HAZMAT) and live bottom trailers. The company is located in Wahpeton, N.D., and transports goods from North Dakota to Texas.
Jacobson Transport is dedicated to enhancing the service provided to our customers and strives to play an active role in assisting customers to thrive and excel in their respective industry. We do this by providing our customers, and their customers, superior customer service and through the belief that all business relationships can be mutually beneficial when honesty and integrity are the cornerstones of that relationship.